WPDeveloper.net brings Twitter Cards Meta for all WordPress user for free. Adding Twitter Cards meta was never this easy. 100% validate meta according to Twitter and get sure approval. Now we supports Photo & Summary Cards, Player Card support coming soon.
Twitter Cards increase your Twitter visibility & Brand value. And with this plugin you don’t have to worry about the markup, because its very important to get the markup correct, otherwise Twitter will not accept your application.
Please read Twitter Cards’ detail guideline and terms before proceed.
Though there are other possible ways to add Twitter Cards metadata but this plugin is the best and easiest way for Twitter Cards. We have reasons to believe so, we will explain that at the bottom of this page. Check our feature first.
- Auto Add Twitter Cards Meta Tags in every single posts/pages.
- For multi-author blog this plugin could add a extra field in ‘Author Bio/Profile’ page to add his own Twitter Account.
- Ability to get Attachment image automatically.
- This plugin will get the first used image, even if WordPress attachment image did not work properly.
- Ability to assign image from custom field, you could just type which custom field have the best image for this purpose.
- Possible to add Twitter Cards meta tags even in Home Page.
- You could include a custom Description for Home Page.
- Though its not a good practice but you could include a default Image, its specially helpful for home page.
- Photo Card Support Added.
- Ability to select ‘Card Type’ per post basis or site-wide.
- Meta Box in post panel to select individual post’s ‘Card Type’.
- Option to force all posts (old and future posts) to a certain ‘Cards Type’. It will override individual post’s selection.
- Now Attached and Featured image both work properly and user have the option to select which type of image he wants.
- New Validate 100% with W3C Markup Validation Service!
- Extension coming soon with more feature
Why Twitter Cards Meta is The Best Solution?
You could say there are other process like adding codes manually in your theme header, or using famous SEO plugins like “WordPress SEO by Yoast” or other plugin that claim to serve same like this plugin, but why we are the best? Here is our point –
- None other solution works perfectly with image. All other plugins only depend on WordPress Attachment. But from our years of experience we have seen image attachment does not work for most of the sites and themes.
- Only this plugin will pick image automatically from your post, even its not attached properly.
- Other plugin will mostly use your default image as they cant grab image properly, even “WordPress SEO by Yoast” does the same. But please read the Twitter Cards’ guideline and terms guideline about image. It clearly says ‘Do not use a generic image such as your website logo, author photo, or other image that spans multiple pages.’ So if you end up using default image for most posts, you will probably never get approved in Twitter Cards.
- This plugin does the markup in right way, and in right position.
- New Only this plugin handles both ‘Summary Card’ and ‘Photo Card’ properly.
- New Only this plugin has the option to select Twitter ‘Card Type’ per post basis, right from post panel.
The main thing is, we had to make this plugin as other solution did not worked for most of our projects. So we have learned from others’ limitation, and we come-up with better solution. We have already added Photo Card and will add Player Card support very soon.
What Others Saying:
“…Yoast isn’t really a fully functional implementation of the Twitter Card standard. To my knowledge, it doesn’t take into account, for example, pictures or videos… And the plugin that’s best to use it called Twitter Cards Meta by WPdeveloper. The plugin couldn’t be easier. Install it and just fill out a few fields and that’s it.”
1. Go to the WordPress Dashboard “Add New Plugin” section.
2. Search For “Twitter Cards Meta“.
3. Install, then Activate it.
1. Upload the `twitter-cards-meta` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins‘ menu in WordPress.
How To Enable Twitter Cards:
- Activate the Plugin.
- Configure. This plugin configuration is very easy. Just provide Site’s main Twitter Account, if you want your User’s Twitter Account from Profile, for home page description use the specified meta box to add description. Add a default image.
- Select default Card type.
- Save setting.
- Clean cache if needed.
- Preview here with any of your site’s single post link
- If everything is fine then apply here to be included in Twitter Cards. BTW you should apply only to summery cards, and put a single post link as ‘Example Summary Card URL:’
Does it need any theme customization or anything?
No, just activate the plugin and follow the steps.
Images larger than 120x120px will be resized and cropped square based on longest dimension. Images smaller than 60x60px will not be shown. (From Twitter Cards guideline page).
Do you have more detail guideline?
Yes, check this page for detail guide.
How can I get Support?
Use plugin support button in WordPress.org extended listing.
1.1.6 (January 13, 2015)
- Now validate 100% with W3C Markup Validation Service. Thanks to the support ticket by user mcpainter02
- Major update in Twitter Meta markup. Must Update
1.1.5 (January 12, 2015)
- Twitter Validation process update
- Plugin restructure starts with this version, extension coming soon with Player Cards & Photo Cards.
1.1.4 (January 5, 2015)
- Twitter Validation Link updated
- Compatible with WordPress 4.1
1.1.3 (February 26, 2014)
- Twitter Validation process updated
- Better Image handeling
- Better “twitter:description” handeling, either from excerpt or auto.
- Solve all bug reported so far.
1.1.2 (June 11, 2013)
- Bug Fix: Thanks to user ‘t3g’ for his support topic. twitter:description tag has a lot of whitespace before the description text
- Bug Fix: Thanks to user ‘Joshua Goodwin’ for his ticket#1681. The php ‘short-open tag’ issue has been resolved.
- Screenshots updated
- Minor instruction set update.
- Enhancement: Photo Card support added
- Enhancement: Ability to use Featured or Attached Image
- Enhancement: Ability to assign Card Type per post basis
- Enhancement: Ability to change site-wide Card Type in just one-click
- Enhancement: Ability To override individual post Card Type selection.
- Initial release
* A major update, brings most awaiting feature like ‘Photo Card’ support. Now you can control card type in per post basis and site-wide too. Better Image handling with both Featured and Attached image support.
* Initial release